1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General MMMM Kit Kat! Every1 Else Update?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by joshm662, Jun 4, 2014.

1. joshm662

joshm662 Member

FYI... when I updated my phone the first time when I made this thread it was the 342mb update.. and as I mentioned above, it just so happened I had gotten a replacement phone about 12hrs later due to issues with the original S3's battery.. i didn't know anything about this update, but even tho I'd be sending that phone back the VM, I went ahead with the update just to see what it was...

After receiving my refurbished/new phone from VM that same day the system update was immediately available to me, but was 379mb.... I wanted to follow up and let you guys know the ONLY issue I've had since updating this new phone with the larger update is that around 11:30pm (7hrs after updating my new phone) I no longer had an internet connection/data connection.... I thought it might fix itself, but the next day it was still like that (calls and text worked fine) so I contacted VM and they said they were going to refresh my phone or something and just told me to shut it off and wait 1 min and turn it back on... once i did that it has been working perfectly with no issues at all... just thought i'd let you guys know.

Advertisement

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Getting 4.4.3 any day now. He'll yeah. 1gb gt-i9300 is fine :D

3. gotip

gotip Newbie

Just got the update this morning from VM. :)

jdsingle76 likes this.
  4. I just got the OTA notification about the update, but I don't want to install 4.4 because it will kill my ability to view, edit, move, delete photos and render QuickPic (one of my favorite apps, I hate the stock gallery app) completely useless. I don't want to try to root it and risk screwing up my phone, I don't know much about that whole topic and it doesn't interest me outside of being able to change SD card use in 4.4. Am I wrong? Are photos on your SD card just locked down forever if you update to 4.4? I love being able to move photos to folders and keep everything as organized as possible, losing that ability would be extremely disheartening.

Edit: I've decided I want full use of my SD card over whatever extremely minor updates 4.4 comes with, and I don't want to update until Google gets their head out of their ass and stops trying to turn Android into iPhones by making all phones have 16/32gb of memory and no room for expansion. I don't care about the security risk of things accessing the SD card because I don't download suspicious apps/files and I have AVG, I don't understand why it's such a big deal, especially when apps can still do whatever they want to the (much more valuable) internal storage. But now I can't figure out how to get the notification to go away, and I also read that someone else said their phone said it was going to automatically update after a while of ignoring it.

5. storageman

storageman Member

I got the update this am. Its sitting there right now (Phone is charging).

Did the update and everything works ok except for a one of the original Settings Widget. I got deleted from my home screen and when I tried to re-add it, it refuses to go there.

6. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Running 4.4.3 as we speak n its slick!

7. jdsingle76

jdsingle76 Android Enthusiast

Running OTA 4.4.3? When it hits Kies, I need the tar!

8. dmcjr22

dmcjr22 Android Expert

knowing funky hes rooted and running custom rom based on 4.4.3

Rxpert83 and jdsingle76 like this.