1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

mms compression fix

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GiveMeItNow, Oct 28, 2010.

1. GiveMeItNow

GiveMeItNow Guest

First i want to say im running the Redemptive rEVOlution rom and i dont know if this will work on roms with the incredible framework, i think it might....
    I installed a zip from Calkulin over on the xda evo forum for a compression fix for mms. If the pic is not over the size limit, it wont be compressed anymore. I have just sent about ten pics in a row ranging from 550kb up to 1.1mb and they all went through without compressing! I take no credit for the mod. All credit goes to calkulin over at xda.

I found it very annoying that every pic would get compressed. Glad to find a fix for that. BIG. THANKS TO CALKULIN FOR THIS.:)

Now when it does compress a message thats over the size limit, its still" over" compressing it. My limit is 1.2m and if the file is 1.3, it compress' to 44kb...What the hell? Just have to find out how to fix the over compression issue and im happier then a pig:D in shit!

link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=785271&highlight=5mb+mms+mod

Now as far as the 5mb mms size mod, I dont reccomend it because most phones can't recieve messages that size.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Roceskt

Roceskt Member

Tried it on virtuous 3.1 with the Fascinate Theme on top. Seems to work just fine. Doesn't ask to resize anymore on Handcent. Seems to load the entire pic at full rez/size just fine. This is great! Thanks for the heads up. :)

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews