1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

MMS Contacts Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by smilesandwaves, Jan 6, 2010.

1. smilesandwaves

Seems that when I create a new text message and try to start typing a contact name, not all of my contacts appear... It seems random. I have tried restarting but say I have a Peter and Paul in my phone, if I type a P it might only show me Paul and not peter...

Usually, is the same names that never show up they never appear or disappear.

(btw, I'm not rooted and I have done nothing nefarious with my phone that may cause this.)

Thanks in advance for the help fellas.

-SmIlEs

2. mrioglno

mrioglno Lurker

make sure your contact (peter) is listed as a mobile number.

3. dougwilson2000

dougwilson2000 Android Enthusiast

Lol. You beat me to it. I bet that is the problem. I mean why would a name appear for sms that is not a moble number by listing.

4. ccphilly1984

ccphilly1984 Member

awww... shit... i have a lot of retyping to do.... geez... thats what it was

5. messenger13

messenger13 Android Expert

Or you could just dump that lame stock messaging app for a real one. :p I tired handcent and liked it, but it started force closing on me. :( I am currently using chompSMS and LOVE it!!! Possibly as feature-rich as handcent, maybe moreso, and no FCs.

chompSMS will recognize every name in your Contacts list. I have several Contacts with more than one cell, so I have them listed as "iPhone", or "RAZR" instead of "mobile". chompSMS doesn't care. :) Or, just tap the little + sign in chompSMS next to the name field and the app lets you scroll through your Contacts list ... nice.

6. ccphilly1984

ccphilly1984 Member

chomp, huh? will try... if i like it, i will recomend it to all my android using friends

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews