1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

MMS Fix For Boost Android CM7.1 beta 35

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chin checka, Dec 23, 2011.

1. chin checka

chin checka Well-Known Member

MMS Fix For Boost Android CM7.1 HROARK

Pretty Easy To Do..

Remove MMS.apk & MMS Odex.apk if u have the odex version

Go To Android Market

Install GoSMSPro
    in go sms pro app
    hit menu>settings>>MMS settings>Fill APN config Manually

Enter:
    MMSC: Http://mm.myboostmobile.sprintpcs.com
    MMS proxy: blank
    MMS Port: 80

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    THATS IT. PICTURES SHOULD NOW BE ABLE TO BE SENT & RECEIVED USING WiFi Or 3G Using Any Default Regular Messaging App..

HOPE THIS HELPS OUT.

Wizard59, tbstewa and evildomain like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. d3r0n

d3r0n Newbie

I'm dumb... How do I ...

"Remove MMS.apk & MMS Odex.apk if u have the odex version"?

I can send and receive SMS, and I can send MMS, but I cannot receive MMS from people on other (non-Boost Mobile) carriers.

3. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

You say you can then use the default app to send/receive. Does this mean i can remove go sms? Or will that undo it? (not by wifi atm, can't test)

4. ModifHigher

ModifHigher Well-Known Member

Mms.apk,is a system file located in directory /system/app.using a file manager capable of root privileges you can navigate to that directory and delete that file/apk.if there is in fact an odex file,i believe it should be in the same directory.
    ES File explorer is a good free manager that will do,
    Root Explorer will work but its paid.

And the two files should be,
    Mms.apk & mms.odex.
    Not odex.apk @OP

d3r0n likes this.
  5. d3r0n

d3r0n Newbie

Lordvincent are you having problems? I was just in the process of trying YOUR fix from another thread!

6. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

No, i haven't tried yet. No wifi to test. But i prefer handcent over go, so if this works 100% (my suggestion is hit or miss on the receiving end) then that's awesome! But not as cool if i have to keep the extra app... I would almost prefer turning off wifi over using go...

7. d3r0n

d3r0n Newbie

Argh... tried this, and I still cannot receive MMS. That's been my only problem - cannot receive MMS. Still not working.

8. tmnt4life

tmnt4life Lurker

anyone get this to work yet? It did not work at all for me... :(

9. d3r0n

d3r0n Newbie

After trying everything I could find and then getting Boost involved, tickets to their engineering, etc... My buddy got a new phone, so I activated his prevail on my account. MMS worked fine. So out of curiosity, i immediately turned around and reactivated my old phone, and miraculously, it works there too! Boost had already had me do the manual reactivation process - only without removing my phone from the account and putting it back on again. Who knows what the problem was?? Well finally! Now I have to go back and try to root it again and all that and see if it stays fixed. :D

10. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

ChompSMS is nice too. That's what I've been using.

I'm with you about running two apps too..... I wouldn't do it. They guy I sold my Prevail to is running the CM7 beta that I installed for him and he loves it. I'll mention this work around but have a feeling he'll say no since he doesn't use wifi that much anyway.

Samsung Galaxy Prevail Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, MSM7627-3 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews