1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Mms help

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by MillerTime103, May 26, 2016.

1. MillerTime103

MillerTime103 Lurker
    None

May 26, 2016
    Male
    New to android as I've had an iPhone from day 1. I love my new phone but I'm noticing something with my multimedia messages. I'm not able to send as much in one text as I could last week. For example, instead of sending 10 pics in one message it is now only allowing me to choose 1 pic then it comes up with "maximum total size of attachments (1000 kb) exceeded. Some files removed." Is there anything I can do to get it how it was? I have a galaxy s7 with my carrier being att&t. Thanks.

Advertisement

2. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    Texting file size limitations are set at arbitrary amounts, different carriers allow for different numbers and as there are now dozens of different, competing texting services (that allow common standard SMS and MMS but typically default to their own proprietary protocol) you've got a lot of compatibility issues. Your best option for seamless photo transfers is using email, or sending links through services like Dropbox that allow for easy file sharing. But if you want to stick with texting and often deal with larger file sizes look into switching or supplementing a service like Whatsapp, but note that there's that compatibility factor to cope with so it's also a matter where all your recipients have to also be using Whatsapp to exchange those sizable photos.
    Proprietary protocols suck, they're all centered on commercial interests and we the consumers just get dumped on.

3. MillerTime103

MillerTime103 Lurker
    None

May 26, 2016
    Male
    Well my question is how did it go from me sending 10 multimedia messages in 1 text down to 1

4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Did you change the default resolution of your camera? It could be if you are sending higher resolution images youll hit the file size limit much sooner.

svim likes this.
  5. CenturionB

CenturionB Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 14, 2016
    Male
    who in 2016 uses mms? it is considered barbaric.
    Try to negotiate with your mobile operator for the internet connection (GSM) and use common Messager: Skype, vayber, telegrams, etc.
    Will be cheaper.