1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Mms help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mills23, Aug 15, 2012.

1. mills23

mills23 Android Expert

For some reason I can not send our receive pix messages. As small as 30kb! Can someone help me get this fixed? (It is on my account)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Stigy

Stigy Some say...

Are you getting an error when trying to send or receive the picture messages?

Some more information would definitely get us started in troubleshooting this issue.

Thank you and welcome to AF!

3. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Yep, would be good to know:
    -Carrier / Country
    -Error received
    -What APN settings are in place
    -Has it ever worked

4. mills23

mills23 Android Expert

I tried to dl one that was 30kb and it would say downloading then just go back to the download button. The one I try to send it would say sending for awhile then just say unable to send.

5. mills23

mills23 Android Expert

hasn't worked since I got the gs3, Verizon and the rest idk.

6. Stigy

Stigy Some say...

Are you attaching the picture to the MMS or are you taking it directly inside the Messaging app? Also is it the same picture you are trying to attach to the MMS? Have you tried a different picture to a different contact?

My friend with an S3 has had no problem sending or receiving MMS to my Galaxy Nexus and we are both on Verizon.

7. mills23

mills23 Android Expert

Different pix. Sharing from gallery.

8. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Might be worth editing the thread title to include "Verizon".

Not sure how apns work on cdma

9. SAL8116

SAL8116 Android Enthusiast

Not just Verizon. I am having a problem with SMS pro as well with AT&T. I try to download a picture and it says unable to download. This is very recent. Pics worked on Monday. This morning 2 people and 3 pics all the same thing.

10. Lato9905

Lato9905 Well-Known Member

Im in Fort Lauderdale and have the same issue. Called ATT today and they said its an issue they are having on their end with LTE.

SAL8116 likes this.
  11. panhandleguy

panhandleguy Newbie

Make sure that you have mobile data turned on. You can use the toggle from the pull down menu

12. SAL8116

That would explain why it worked on Monday and not today.

I'm in Tampa. You saved me a phone call. Guess I'll wait it out.

13. SAL8116

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with AT&T. Apparently it should be working now. For me in Tampa it is. The messages I couldn't get earlier have now appeared.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews