• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MMS Issue (strange)

BoostedRS

Lurker
Sep 5, 2017
Just a little background I have an Samsung Galaxy S8 with most updated software and the carrier I'm using is Sprint. I have had this phone since it's initial release and this just started happening recently. To my recollection I didn't install anything, change anything, or do anything to have it start happening.

I have one friend that I know if and every time we are in a group chat or MMS chat it sends all of these characters which seem like some sort of formatting text. It sends this before as a separate message and then whatever he sends as a text. Below is a screenshot of what happens. It does not happen when I text him individually and not in an MMS format.

The issue happens in Textra which is my normal texting app as well as the default messaging app. I have attempted to delete the conversation as well as reinstall Textra and it still does it.

Please help!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170905-104329.jpg
    Screenshot_20170905-104329.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 129
He doesn't use an iPhone. He actually has the same phone and has an S8 also. To my knowledge he doesn't use a different font. I tried to send him a message but no response yet.

I have received some weird stuff similar to what you showed and it was because the person was using some custom font but your friend has an S8 so I have no idea what it could be.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones