1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support MMS Messages Won't Download (Android 2.2.1) (LGP500H)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RAE008, Jun 26, 2011.

1. RAE008

RAE008 Lurker
    None

Jun 26, 2011
    For some reason my phone refuses to download any kind of MMS message. If I try, it begins downloading and then after about 2 min. I get a notification saying "Message not downloaded", which will then take me back to the screen where I started the download.

I checked my plan with koodo thinking that, since it's a new phone, something wasn't entered right, but everything checked out there.

I've made sure that the Data Enabled option is checked.

I tried installing Handcent SMS thinking that it might work with another application, or that the limit on message size might be preventing the download, but that also made no change.

I made sure that the firmware is up to date.

So i'm totally stumped as to why this is happening, and I'd really appreciate it if anyone could provide me with a solution!

Advertisement

2. Bloomy6

Bloomy6 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 9, 2011
    Are you trying this on WiFi or data. I have a memorize on US cellular and had trouble with mms. Installed go sms and found that I had to download the mms on data. Wouldn't work on WiFi

RAE008 likes this.
  3. RAE008

RAE008 Lurker
    None

Jun 26, 2011
    I've been trying using wifi, didn't think I needed a 3g connection for MMS. I'll check it out, thanks.