1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

MMS not being recieved

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by caracortada_uk, Apr 23, 2012.

1. caracortada_uk

HI all, i keep getting network messages (O2 uk) that i need to go to follow a link and enter a code to view an MMS message.

I have contacted O2 on this and confirmed my MMS settings are correct. My phone is set to work in GSM only and i have turned off data, this means i get a significantly better signal and i rarely need data services. This is how i had my HTC Desire set up and i could recieve MMS without a problem, but on the Galaxy S2 it just wont.

Is it possible it is still an issue with O2, or does the S2 work differently to the Desire therefore i need data on while using GSM?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Android Expert

I can receive SMS just fine. Don't think its the phone in this case.

3. pcbms

pcbms Well-Known Member

The S2 won't receive MMS messages unless data is turned on. I had a desire as well and it would have automatically turned data on and off if an MMS came thru but the S2 doesn't do this

4. Remeniz

Remeniz Android Enthusiast

Data connection needs to be active to receive mms messages.

I actually don't turn my data off at all and disabling data has no influence on signal IMHO.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews