• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root mms not sending (aloysius)

I looked and the files listed were not available to download. Not only that but the instructions are very un clear. He says " download apn backup, download the file then back it up then load the file into your sd card." For one, is he talking about 2 different files? Can someone just point me in the correct direction? I searched and the file was only available for download 10 times and it was reached.

Upvote 0
You need to download apn backup and restore, find a rom that messaging works on and use apn backup to backup the apn, flash the new rom then download apn backup and restore again and use it to restore apn. I think if you look over on xda someone has an apn backup posted. If you can find it you can download it and use apn backup to restore it after flashing aloysius

Upvote 0
Another thing to add, it wont work with stock msg client. Must use Handcent or Chomp. And also make sure you are not on wifi. Can only send while on Verizon network.

And about your restore file. It auto finds it for you once you already made a backup. Sounds like you didnt make a backup off a ROM like Ivan's first.

Upvote 0
the time you spent waiting or looking for a zip file with a working apn, you could have nanded your current rom, flashed a new one, backed up the apn, then restored your nand and installed the working apn. Takes just a few minutes. its what i do for each new sprint based rom i flash since i keep a working apn on my sd card

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I looked and the files listed were not available to download. Not only that but the instructions are very un clear. He says " download apn backup, download the file then back it up then load the file into your sd card." For one, is he talking about 2 different files? Can someone just point me in the correct direction? I searched and the file was only available for download 10 times and it was reached.

Ty,

Here's the deal.

APN Backup & Restore is an app in the market - it's free. What it does is it records APN settings into a file on your SD card. And then, if you want, you can later restore those same settings. The file it stores the settings in is a .XML file.

What one previous poster told you was that you could load a ROM where you knew MMS was working, and use "APN Backup & Restore" to store a copy of those settings on your SD card (backup). Then, when you are in Aloysius V12, you again use "APN Backup & Restore" to load that file off the SD card into Aloysius (restore).

But, someone has already done the first step for you:

xda-developers - View Single Post - MMS Issues?

In that post, he attached a .zip file with the .XML file inside it (from Ivanmmj's Official 1.0 ROM, I think). Certainly you could download that file and use a File Manager (yes, on your phone) to unpack it and put the .XML file in the root folder of your phone. (Note that to download things that are attachments on XDA, you need to be logged in.)

If you want a more direct route, Andrizoid posted up a link to the identical .XML file on his site:

Patches and Extras

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones