1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Mms not sending

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by splifmyster, Dec 22, 2011.

1. splifmyster

splifmyster Member

Hey on my phone when i try to send a pic messgae it just says sending and about 1 to 2 hours later it will pop up a message and it says unable to send message please help

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bamaduc

bamaduc Member

Are you running Star-ScROM or stock? Have you tried hard resetting it. I also read some where that someone was have this problem because the phone put parenthesees(sp?) around the area code.

3. splifmyster

splifmyster Member

i have star-ScROm and not there are no () around the area code

4. interdpth

interdpth Well-Known Member

Update to latest Star-Scrom it has a fix.

5. DMajor239

DMajor239 Android Expert

Actually I have the same problem except Im using stock

6. xeroxtraum

xeroxtraum Newbie

I had this same issue, it worked when my ROM was rooted stock. I didn't use MMS when I had StarSCROM (latest version), but I know it didn't work when I was using MrRee??? ROM (latest version). I wiped my sd card, reset to factory defaults with CWM, wiped cache, wiped dalvic cache, and still no dice. I those steps once more and tried out ChevROM (latest version) and MMS still will not work. (I can send SMS messages but not MMS messages that include media of some sort.)

So factory reset didn't work, flashing a new rom didn't work, wiping cache didn't work, changing SMS/MMS apps didn't work. (I use GoMessenger, I tried using the stock messenger, but no dice there. Also, no parenthesis around the area code.)

I'd really appreciate if anyone could shed some light on this topic. My girlfriend can't send pictures to my e-mail address with her phone because it's not included with her plan. I can send pictures to her through e-mail but she has to use her computer to get at them since she cant use the internet to check her e-mail on her phone either. So yeah.... if anyone could help us out here I'd be eternally grateful.

7. smith058

smith058 Android Expert

I have not had any issues wih this my self and I've been on mrreerom the whole time... but try restoring to a previously saved backup from before yoou installed any rom... gl

8. blahsaysmeu2u

blahsaysmeu2u Well-Known Member

k guys so i am also having this problem.
    i am rooted and such a noob. and i accidently deleted my messaging pak. i reinstalled with some help from another forum. so now i can receive pic messages(mms) all day long. which is great. but now for some reason i cant send them? i am pretty sure it was stock mms pak i installed but i cant promise that. can anyone please help me send my girl pics again? lol
    thanks guys

ps i searched the forum for this and read a lot of suggestions before asking my question. and so far none have worked(even the above about wifi and 3g and rebooting etc)
    thanks again guys

9. blahsaysmeu2u

blahsaysmeu2u Well-Known Member

Can anyone please help me with this. I'm getting desperate

10. xeroxtraum

xeroxtraum Newbie

I had this problem as well across two different ROM's. Go into Settings->Applications->Manage Applications->SMS/MMS program. You force close then clear data on everything related to your SMS/MMS. Reboot the phone. Send a test MMS.
    That did it for me, clearing cache, factory reset, etc. did nothing for me. Hope this fixes your problem like it fixed mine.

Hipster90, gkak and smith058 like this.
  11. djpabz23

djpabz23 Newbie

I used to have this problem
    get a file explorer... navigate to /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases

Locate telephony.db and delete it, restart phone and try sending an MMS

Hipster90 and ChoznJuan like this.
  12. MrCuteButton

MrCuteButton Newbie

I had the same problem. I was unable to send pics, but could receive them. Completely stock, no flashing/rooting ever, using stock Text Messaging app. I also noticed when I clicked on the Boost ID icon that it said the Boost Network was not detected. That was the case from the beginning (had some issues when activating the phone), but since I could call/text, etc and didn't want ID packs I put it off.

I called Boost and went through the rigamarole, which led to typing in a number being led to Reset. I asked, "will this erase all of my settings and everything on my phone?" "No, we're just resetting the network" or something like that.

Of course it did reset my phone, went back to day 1 looks with tutorials on the screen and everything. Oh well, SD should have most of it. Pics are working and Boost ID connects. Hang up, and then realize my Voicemail is dialing the wrong number as my phone number is programmed wrong in the About Phone section.

Call back, fix that, number is showing correctly. Assume all is well, hang up. Find that I can't text or call at all now. Call back and go through more resets and updates. Now all better be well, because each call led to a new problem.

At least my original problem is fixed. Now I just have to recover what I can. I backed up a couple weeks ago and meant to backup right before I called, but it slipped my mind. I can see some stuff in My Files, so hopefully if I re-download an app it will be recovered (such as ColorNote notes).

Just realized, Boost ID is again saying Boost Network Not Detected. UGHHGHGHGHHHHH!!! I don't care about ID packs, but if there's any indication of something not working I want to get it fixed before I set my phone up again, lest they have me reset and lose it all again at a later date. For now I'm resting for the night, already spent over an hour and they did mention at various steps that some things would take time to reset. Wish me luck, I'll update with changes. I can still call/text and send/receive pics.

Sorry, I meant to just report how I got my problem fixed with some warnings, but it turned into a rambling.

Update: The Boost ID not detecting network is because I was on WiFi. Turn WiFi off and be on 3G and it works. So it looks like everything is working on my phone now.

Samsung Transform Ultra Forum

The Samsung Transform Ultra release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, 128GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews