• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MMS not working--using APNDROID and custom rom on AT&T

Anyone know why? When I receive an MMS it just says downloading and never downloads, even after 2 days. Can't send, either. This has been a problem on many android phones I've had, stock or otherwise. I'm on AT&T and don't pay for a data plan. Is there a way for me to turn off the data usage and still send MMS?

I'm running Team Whiskey's Nero v5 w/APNdroid. Even on stock I had issues.

Whoever can fix this wins a cookie. It's been an issue for years.

Go to Settings, Wireless and network, Mobile Networks, and check Use packet data. While you're in there, go to Access Point Names, ATT, and make sure you have these:

Name: ATT
APN: wap.cingular
User name: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.com
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
APN type: internet

Are you sure that is not going to cost me since I don't have a data plan? And I have all those settings set up already.

Please advise.

Upvote 0
When you said "even on stock I had issues", did you mean that it work intermittently before on stock and now just completely doesn't work?

If you're familiar with Odin, then I'd suggest just Odin back to stock to see if you still have the same problem, because maybe you have issues with custom ROM not working properly.

I'm not sure about AT&T, but I think on T-Mobile if your phone is not capable of receiving MMS, the message will come in as text saying you can view the MMS by click on the link to download the media, and if you don't have data plan I think it will warn you that by downloading the media it'll cost you money for using internet.

Upvote 0
When you said "even on stock I had issues", did you mean that it work intermittently before on stock and now just completely doesn't work?

If you're familiar with Odin, then I'd suggest just Odin back to stock to see if you still have the same problem, because maybe you have issues with custom ROM not working properly.

I'm not sure about AT&T, but I think on T-Mobile if your phone is not capable of receiving MMS, the message will come in as text saying you can view the MMS by click on the link to download the media, and if you don't have data plan I think it will warn you that by downloading the media it'll cost you money for using internet.

Yeah, it has never worked. It has always had the same problem. I'll get an MMS "sms notification" and it'll say Downloading... and it never downloads. When I send one all it says is Sending... and it never sends. I have a stock vibrant laying around and it has the same exact problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones