1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support MMS on i7500 grrr

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Amoun, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Amoun

Amoun New Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    Hey guys.
    New to the forums here and somewhat on a noob to phone unlocking.

I am having a problem with my galaxy i7500. More specifically the MMS.
    Whenever I get a notification that I have received an MMS, I click download and right away it tells me "Currently unable to download. Please try again later"
    Now, I have read that in order for me to USE MMS i need to set up the APN correctly....which I have tried. It seems to have worked for internet APN and when I set that up and clicked download, the download started but then i got a text message saying: "You have attempted to use a data application without a data plan. For options, click here fido.ca/m/smartphonedp/1/i"
    So I am guessing the phone is trying to use a data plan to download the picture....
    but when i try to set up the MMS APN, it simply does not seem to connect, and gives me the "currently unable to download, etc" message. So, again, I am guessing I just need to set up the APN correctly....however i have tried about 3-4 or so different settings neither of which works.....OR....do i HAVE to have a data plan in order to get MMS messages? That doesn't make sense to me but I may be wrong of course.

Advertisement

2. Amoun

Amoun New Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    To anyone who cares:
    I used BOTH of these options and it works correctly now

APN1 [this one will have the radio button beside it]
    Name: fido internet
    APN: internet.fido.ca
    Username: fido
    Password: fido
    APN Type: default
    (all other fields blank)

APN2 [this one will not have any radio button beside it]
    Name: fido mms
    APN: mms.fido.ca
    MMSC: http://mms.fido.ca
    MMS Proxy: 205.151.011.013
    APN Type: mms
    (all other fields blank)

3. turkievicz

turkievicz Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Brazil
    Recently I was configuring my MMS and my problem as a little bit different, I wasn't getting send a SMS, and what I could see is that if I use the Handcent app the MMS can't be sent, i solved my problem using the app Message.