1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Mms on wifi

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bigbear6708, Aug 21, 2012.

1. bigbear6708

bigbear6708 Android Enthusiast

Is anyone else having problems of mms either not downloading or hanging at send screen when on jelly bean and wifi? , seems as if my phone won't kick data on to dl and send messages...bug with or my phone? Any fixes out there?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. steveFTC

steveFTC Newbie

MMS doesn't work on Wifi (either way). And I've had issues with the stock messaging app getting stuck not being able to send/receive MMS even after you switch from Wifi to 3G/4G (and even after a reboot). It will say "downloading" but never do anything no matter what.

My solution was a 3rd party messaging app and all is fine. I currently use Handcent but have used the Verizon Messaging app in the past. I stay far away from any GO product.

Steve

3. bigbear6708

Yeah I know messages won't send from WiFi but I don't understand why the stock message app gets stuck going back and forth. I have downloaded Hand cent for.now...but really don't like having an extra app for something the phone is supposed to do.I hope one jelly bean matures a little the issue will go away

4. steveFTC

steveFTC Newbie

I'm pretty sure I had the same issue on 4.0.4 stock ICS but can't remember, sorry. I don't mind Handcent but there are way too many options (why I got rid of GO a long time ago plus they started charging for things). It's definitely a Verizon issue I *think* as my wife has had it on occasion with her RAZR MAXX.

Steve

bigbear6708 likes this.
  5. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

It's definitely a Verizon issue. Had the same issue on stock GNEX and Incredible.

6. bigbear6708

Oh..think I made some progress..so do y'all that are having mms problems turn off mobile data when you connect to WiFi? I used to...but at times it seems like my phone is slow to turn data back on...so today I kept data on "behind"WiFi so the phone radio would stay on....so far I have sent and received pics via native mms app. Will report back again after some continued use

7. Zeinzu

Zeinzu Well-Known Member

MMS sends and receives fine for me on WiFi.

8. Gekko

Gekko Android Expert

known issue. same problem for Sprint G-Nex users.

9. Zeinzu

Zeinzu Well-Known Member

Well if it's a known issue for Sprint users then you're doing it wrong.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews