1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support MMS Picture Size Issue HTC Inspire

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MarquisM, Aug 5, 2011.

1. MarquisM

MarquisM Lurker
    None

Aug 5, 2011

I have been trying for the past hour to find an answer to my question on the net hopefully someone here can help. Here goes.

When I receive mms pictures they are extremely small in comparison to the screen size of the phone. Honestly they are hard to see for example the details tell me that the file size is 8.97kb and the resolution is 192x256. Pictures are about the size of a thumbnail and I am sure that this is something that can be fixed because the screen on the Inspire is extremely big. Other than this issue I am extremely happy with the phone and I switched from an iPhone 3GS happily to get it. It is only bothering me because I send and receive a lot of pictures. Again hopefully someone can help. Thanks in advance for any information that leads to a resolution with this.

Advertisement

2. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX
    Are you using the stock text app?

3. MarquisM

MarquisM Lurker
    None

Aug 5, 2011
    Yes I am I know there are many text apps out there like there are for the iPhone but I didn't have to use them for that so it never clicked to try that with the Inspire.

4. 2manyPHONES

None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX
    I just tried in the stock app, which I haven't used in forever, and all my pictures are the right size not thumbnail. I don't see a setting with the app itself that allows that to be changed. If you save the picture and view it in the gallery is it still thumbnail size?

The file size you mentioned is small most of the pictures I get seem to be around 90kb. There were a couple I got from my husband before he left his iPhone and went to the inspire that were tiny but that only happened a few times when he sent me pics.

MarquisM likes this.
  5. Arual

Arual Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 3, 2011
    I am having the same issues as well.

6. MarquisM

MarquisM Lurker
    None

Aug 5, 2011

First allow me to thank you for helping me because this is a big issue to me I really like this phone but I will take it back over this issue lol. So thank you, thank you!! For helping me.

To answer your first question yes, when I save pics sent to me (btw they show up as slideshows) they are not regular size. I am beginning to think that maybe it is my girl friends phone that has the issue.

Here's what happened I transfer pics from my iPhone to my Inspire the pics that my girl friend sent me seem to be the only ones that I am having a hard time with and even when she sends them to me now they are really small. When she sent them to my iPhone they came through in a normal size and crystal clear.

All of my other pics seem to be fine with the exception of a few I snatched from offline.

And sorry if I am a little confusing.

7. 2manyPHONES

None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX
    Yeah in the stock app the pictures are shown as slide show. I believe it was discussed in another thread and the slide show thing can't be changed.

If the other pictures are fine then I'm going to say yes it probably is the size and resolution your friends phone is sending the picture in. You could try another text app to see if the pictures look OK that way. There are a few to try but top on the list are Go SMS, handcent and chomp.

MarquisM likes this.
  8. MarquisM

MarquisM Lurker
    None

Aug 5, 2011

I think your right I think it's her phone at this point. I just tried sending pics from my mom's phone to mine and it came normal size. I guess that means problem solved.! I did try handcent and it did the same thing with her pics so it must be her at this point.