• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MMS - pictures coming in as videos

There is no way possible for a picture to come in as a video. They default to a 10 second slideshow when you tap on an MMS picture. They blow up a little bigger and then go back to the MMS message. You can tap and hold on the MMS to copy to the SD card, then you view it bigger and pinch zoom for as long as you want.

Thanks trav! I'm still a complete noob to the phone.

Upvote 0
I've noticed the "picture as slideshow" silliness for several dumbphones now, and I was surprised to see that it still does it on an Android. Is there any way to configure MMS so that a single picture is just a picture? I'm trying to avoid downloading an all-new message manager, since I'm already full to the gills with non-SD applications (low end phone has rather limited memory).

Upvote 0
I've noticed the "picture as slideshow" silliness for several dumbphones now, and I was surprised to see that it still does it on an Android. Is there any way to configure MMS so that a single picture is just a picture? I'm trying to avoid downloading an all-new message manager, since I'm already full to the gills with non-SD applications (low end phone has rather limited memory).

Download GO SMS from the market and you'll get full sized pics.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones