1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support MMS problems and UK update???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JonniDarko, Jul 12, 2011.

1. JonniDarko

JonniDarko Lurker
    None

Jul 12, 2011
    Hello everybody,

Apologies if these are noob questions, but I have to ask.

1. Does anyone else have problems sending MMS? I have sent a couple, very low kb files, like maybe 50kb max and these have sent fine. But anything over that doesn't seem to work. The phone just gets stuck on sending. I have tried this with 3g and wifi working. I have contacted O2 in for the settings, all of which are correct. And still nothing. I just wondered if it was just my device or a problem across android.
    I can recieve mms, but again only when low in kb, otherwise i just don't receive anything.

2. The 2nd thing was whilst viewing the forums people have mentioned a gingerbread update for the galaxy ace. I've downloaded the relevant software from samsung (kies) and it tells me my firmware is up to date. I was wondering if this is because it's not yet been released in the UK or if it was because it requires the phone to be hacked.

I'm in the UK if this helps.

Again sorry if these are stupid questions, but i'd like to hear your views.

Cheers,

JonniDarko:thinking:

Advertisement

2. Renard99

Renard99 Lurker
    None

Jul 15, 2011
    Male
    UK
    I'm afraid I can't help with the MMS problem, but with regards to the Gingerbread update, it's not yet been released by O2 for Galaxy Ace's on their network. According to them they have recieved the update from Google and it is "Undergoing extensive testing but is not yet on the O2 'approved' software list". Going on my experience of O2, it'll probably be the best part of 6 months before we see anything yet. I'm willing to be proved wrong on that but I'm not holding my breath.