• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MMS problems?

I can send MMS with no problems but I've had 2 people send me things over the past 2 days and I'm unable to get the pictures? There's a download button and when I hit the button it immediately pops up at the notification bar that it's unable to download. It's not a big problem for me but I just don't understand why I can not receive picture mail? Any suggestions?

If you have installed a custom ROM on the phone, such as cyanogenmod, you will most likely encounter this problem. The only thing I would think would fix your phone is if you had made a nandroid backup of the original stock rom (everyone should do this anyways) and flash back to it. If you didn't... I would try unrooting your phone, doing a factory reset of all data (in settings->privacy or something of that sort).

If you still have problems with it, you can call your carrier. They may charge, but they can fix your phone. Just please, take any Root apps off of your phone, unroot it, and have your FULL stock rom (bloatware and all) installed, or they will reject your maintenance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones