1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root MMS Problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by itsjperez, Jun 16, 2011.

1. itsjperez

itsjperez Newbie
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    I'm completely new to this site so correct me if this isn't where it's supposed to be. Okay, so I got a brand new Optimus M 2.2.1 cause I bricked the first one using Rom Manager. Worst mistake -__- Got a new one from my warranty. I rooted it again, did research and finally got a custom recovery. I first flashed my phone using the Ginger-like rom and thought about looking for something else so I found and flashed CM7 mod for our phone, along with the MMS patch. I didn't really like it cause it was ugly, so I flashed my Ginger-like rom back, stayed with it and now whenever I try to send an MMS it either won't send at all and tell me the "message expired" or it will take FORever and send hella late. I sometimes have to even send a new MMS to a new number for the other one to send. Crazy, right? I think so, too. I wanna say that MMS patch ****ed me, buuut I'm not completely sure. Brand new phone, full bars, never had this problem before. Can someone let me know how to fix this, please? Thanks.

Advertisement

2. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Android Expert
    None

The patch is only for the ROM. Once you changed ROMs, the patch was gone.

- Did you try sending them with the stock ROM before you dug into your phone again?
    - Did you remember to wipe all the caches when you changed ROMs?
    - Tried restoring your first NAND backup and sending them?

3. itsjperez

itsjperez Newbie
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    Oh, got it. I didn't try sending anything when I first got it; I researched and flashed all my stuff the same day I got that new phone. & I wiped all my caches in my recovery before I flashed. Hmm.. I took my NAND files out and threw 'em inside a backup folder in my computer. I'll have to put it back and try to flash it back. Does it have to be in a .zip format for me to flash it?

Tags: