• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MMS Replacement App (Evo)

Ken98045

Lurker
Aug 23, 2010
I'd like to find a replacement app for the standard "Messages" app. Come to think of it, I don't know if this is standard for Android, HTC, or Sprint, but...

I have an application that I know sends images as an email with embedded attachments that are formatted vertically in an email (I know, I wrote the app). The stock Messages app just shows them as attachments. I have to click on them to see them individually.

AnMMS shows all images properly in a vertical format, but as far as I can see doesn't provide any message management. It also doesn't show a count of new messages on the widget/icon. Handcent shows them as a sequence (which is fine too), but insists on a Conversation format for the message list.

I'm not seeing anything else in market place that looks promising.

Anybody know of anything

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones