• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MMS settings on O2 UK

ntemples

Jan 22, 2010
Hi guys,

I should be receiving my Nexus One tomorrow! YAY! But I am wondering what settings to use for MMS.

I have a motorola droid which I am running on O2 in the UK

My O2 contract was originally for the iPhone 3GS, but for some reason I can't get MMS working on the droid, I've trawled loads of settings and all the other data/browsing works but MMS just hang and don't send.

I am using the following APN:

Name: O2 uk
APN: wap.o2.co.uk
Proxy:<not set>
Port:<not set>
Username: o2wap
Password: Password
Server:<not set>
MMSC: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002
MMS proxy:193.113.200.195
MMS port:8080
MCC:234
MNC 10
APN type:<not set>

I have also used the same except:

username: vertigo

neither work so I just gave up.

I am hoping that my new Nexus One should just pull the settings off the sim and work, has anyone else got one running on O2 with MMS working?

Cheers in advance!!

I was just about to check what I had my settings as to see if they are similar when I realised I've yet to attempt to send or receive an MMS.

However, looking at my settings anyway, both have [disabled] next to them which makes me feel slightly ill.... hope I'm not being charged outside of my allowance. Crapola.

On page 1 of the 'Has anyone in the UK received their N1 yet" (or something similar) someone has listed the APN settings.

Upvote 0
oniongirl and temples.... hi. I noticed that this has been requested a few times so thought I'd post up exactly what settings I'm using on my N1. The N1 doesn't (unfortunately) pull up the settings for O2 unlike Voda UK so you do have to set up 2 sets of APN settings.

These have been tried and tested using both my G1 and refined for the N1.... and hopefully should work for you guys too. Incidentally, I'm using O2 Simplicity if ith affects you with your tariffs....

APN Setting 1.

Name: Web
APN: mobile.o2.co.uk
Proxy: *LEAVE BLANK*
Port: *LEAVE BLANK*
Username: web
Password: password
Server: *LEAVE BLANK*
MMSC: *LEAVE BLANK*
MMS Proxy: *LEAVE BLANK*
MMS Port: *LEAVE BLANK*
MCC: 234
MNC: 10
Authentication type: *LEAVE BLANK*
APN Type: default

APN Setting 2.

Name: O2 MMS
APN: wap.o2.co.uk
Proxy: http://wap.o2.co.uk
Port:9201
Username: o2wap
Password: password
Server: *LEAVE BLANK*
MMSC: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002
MMSproxy: 193.113.200.195
MMS port: 8080
MCC: 234
MNC: 10
Authentication type: *LEAVE BLANK*
APN type: mms

Obviously save both APN settings, delete any other APNs still showing... reboot and hopefully it works.

Any probs... shout back :)

Upvote 0
hmm they didn't work for me, I had to put in what I had on the droid and it worked, it must be something to do with my O2 service, it's an iphone contract... but it shouldn't be different, should it?

I'm on an iPhone contract and these settings in the link have worked on my Hero and now N1.

O2 Forum :: View topic - No 3G support for HTC HERO??!!!

On short inspection, it looks like they are the same as posted here already. It sounds daft, but make sure you type them without mistakes. I made one first time round and its a pain to check them again.

Upvote 0
I'm on an iPhone contract and these settings in the link have worked on my Hero and now N1.

O2 Forum :: View topic - No 3G support for HTC HERO??!!!

On short inspection, it looks like they are the same as posted here already. It sounds daft, but make sure you type them without mistakes. I made one first time round and its a pain to check them again.

This is strange, definately doesn't work for me, i've tried your settings and some the other settings on oniongirls post but I can't send any MMS. I can surf the browse on 3g though, and send normal text messages but no mms.

am I sending the mms right? i just go to messaging and choose the person and goto attach and select photo?

Upvote 0
This is strange, definately doesn't work for me, i've tried your settings and some the other settings on oniongirls post but I can't send any MMS. I can surf the browse on 3g though, and send normal text messages but no mms.

am I sending the mms right? i just go to messaging and choose the person and goto attach and select photo?

I think you should be using idata.o2.co.uk settings.

Cellular data

APN idata.o2.co.uk
Username vertigo
Password password

MMS

APN idata.o2.co.uk
Username vertigo
Password password
MMSC http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002
MMS Proxy 193.113.200.195:8080
MMS Max Message Size 307200 (don't know if this one is an option on the n1, so you might need to ignore it...?)

Upvote 0

Try texting "MMS" (without the quotes) to 1010.
EDIT:You may need to do this from an iphone.

Upvote 0
Well, o2 just mailed me back in response to my query about the correct settings for my simplicity 30 day contract, and they have sent three different ones, for WAP, MMS and Mobile Web. The also said "Firstly, congratulations on your amazing new phone..." which made me smirk.

I'm not sure I believe this can be right so I will try ringing them in the morning.

Perhaps you might try the same, they're normally quite helpful!

Upvote 0
I've been on 02 for quite a number of years, and only have been billed for mobile data only about 3 months of that!
And yes I use my phone quite a lot....

Well I have the unlimited internet bolt-on but at the moment am rarely using it. They are coming up on my online bill as not costing me anything, but the little letter that donates that it's part of my allowance isn't coming up.

I worry about these things, it's my first contract paid for by me (the look of shock on my dad's face when his 23 year old daughter comes and and says "you know that phone you bought me on contract 5 years ago? Well, you're still paying for it and now I need you to ring up, cancel, and get the number transferred over...") so I don't want any unexpected charges. Especially as I'm unemployed :D

Upvote 0
Well I have the unlimited internet bolt-on but at the moment am rarely using it. They are coming up on my online bill as not costing me anything, but the little letter that donates that it's part of my allowance isn't coming up.

banjaxing the thread a little, but what little letter?
Mind you my online bill says I've not used any data for over two years now, and I've got push email running business hours five days a week for a start, half the time forget to close my java gmail app, web browser, etc..!
I've got the unlimited bolt-on too (most of the way through an 18mo contract for my N96). Did tell o2 several times it wasn't coming up, gave up in the end! I was worried I was going to get whacked for a big bill, so understand your concerns...

Upvote 0
oniongirl and temples.... hi. I noticed that this has been requested a few times so thought I'd post up exactly what settings I'm using on my N1. The N1 doesn't (unfortunately) pull up the settings for O2 unlike Voda UK so you do have to set up 2 sets of APN settings.

These have been tried and tested using both my G1 and refined for the N1.... and hopefully should work for you guys too. Incidentally, I'm using O2 Simplicity if ith affects you with your tariffs....

<amazing and miraculous settings omitted for brevity>

Obviously save both APN settings, delete any other APNs still showing... reboot and hopefully it works.

Any probs... shout back :)

Seriously, I will actually hunt you down and marry you. MMS is a go! Granted, the phone I sent the message to is only Edge capable and is still attempting to download the message 5 mins later, but finally not getting a "download failed" notification when attempting to download a message on the N1.

banjaxing the thread a little, but what little letter?

I would love to tell you all about the lovely little letter but my memory fails me and attempting to log in to o2 gives a nice little error: "We're sorry but this service is temporarily unavailable whilst we carry out essential maintenance work. Please come back and try again later." which is actually a 404 Not Found error. Their site is rubbish.

Upvote 0
Seriously, I will actually hunt you down and marry you. MMS is a go! Granted, the phone I sent the message to is only Edge capable and is still attempting to download the message 5 mins later, but finally not getting a "download failed" notification when attempting to download a message on the N1.

I would love to tell you all about the lovely little letter but my memory fails me and attempting to log in to o2 gives a nice little error: "We're sorry but this service is temporarily unavailable whilst we carry out essential maintenance work. Please come back and try again later." which is actually a 404 Not Found error. Their site is rubbish.

I have re-entered those settings around 10 times!!! still won't work, it just stops with the little envelope and the red thing and doesn't send.

it mus be something network related for me, I think they are supposed to send me a new sim with this simplicity contract, maybe that will sort it out.

Did you get a new sim Oniongirl?

Upvote 0
I have re-entered those settings around 10 times!!! still won't work, it just stops with the little envelope and the red thing and doesn't send.

it mus be something network related for me, I think they are supposed to send me a new sim with this simplicity contract, maybe that will sort it out.

Did you get a new sim Oniongirl?

Yeh, I got a new SIM. Thing is, the MMS settings should work fine even without a new SIM as MMS is pretty old school. Crossing my fingers for you that it is just SIM related. When are you due your new SIM? Mine felt like it took forever (their website lied and said it would be next day, but it took quite a few to get here, and I had to ring them up to get them to credit my account with a whole

Upvote 0
Yeh, I got a new SIM. Thing is, the MMS settings should work fine even without a new SIM as MMS is pretty old school. Crossing my fingers for you that it is just SIM related. When are you due your new SIM? Mine felt like it took forever (their website lied and said it would be next day, but it took quite a few to get here, and I had to ring them up to get them to credit my account with a whole

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones