• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MMS/SMS Notification Icon

showbo

Feb 4, 2010
New Mexico
Ok guys, I need some help. I use handcent, and that is my default messenger.

Now, I have already turned off the notification for MMS/SMS in my sounds and notifications system settings, but it still pops up from the stock app. Why?

I wouldn't mind it poping up, but when I click on it, it doesn't go away, I have to always use clear notifications, but anyways, yeah its turned off, and still doing it. Any ideas?

Ok guys, I need some help. I use handcent, and that is my default messenger.

Now, I have already turned off the notification for MMS/SMS in my sounds and notifications system settings, but it still pops up from the stock app. Why?

I wouldn't mind it poping up, but when I click on it, it doesn't go away, I have to always use clear notifications, but anyways, yeah its turned off, and still doing it. Any ideas?

Did you also turn off the auto-retrieve for the stock app? If not, do that.

Upvote 0
I've downloaded Handcent and had / have the same problems on the Hero. Disable everything in Messenger and still get the notification of new messages along with new in Handcent. If one un installs Messenger and realizes later that Handcent was'nt the best choice is there a way to get it back without a factory reset?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones