• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MMS Transaction Failed

susangrillo

Lurker
Apr 14, 2013
Sprint Samsung Epic 4G (besides having issues receiving emails which has been an ongoing issue) has now stopped opening pictures that are texted to me. I receive the following error: mms transaction is failed. I do not see an error number - just these words flash across the top of the phone when I try to download the photo. When I try again, I eventually get a message that download failed. I looked at similar topics on forums - tried going into Settings/Applications to clear data or cache but these items were greyed out. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Just guessing, but the first thing I would do is call my provider and check the APN settings. That is the only thing I can think of that would effect both your mail and MMS.

On your own you can:
- Settings
- More
- Mobile Networks
- Access Point Names
- Settings
- Reset to Defaults

But you pay enough for your plan, make them do a little work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones