1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root MMS troubles

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JuiceBoxLmtd, Aug 13, 2011.

1. JuiceBoxLmtd

JuiceBoxLmtd Lurker
    None

Aug 9, 2011
    Ok, the wifes mad at me again. I used Oden, and shabbymod 9 then, installed handcent sms so she can customize her msgr. I did backup the originally installed sms agent before removing it. But, with handcent she can not send or receive mms. Anyone heard of this with handcent? Or know how to fix it without reverting to the original sms agent? Ty ty

Advertisement

2. Bandaid

Bandaid Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 13, 2011
    Limo Driver
    New York
    Try reverting back to the original sms. Then install Handcent and follow the procedure or instructions so it becomes your main sms handler. Then you can try removing the original sms.

3. JuiceBoxLmtd

JuiceBoxLmtd Lurker
    None

Aug 9, 2011
    Thats what I did when I originally installed it. Then tried it all over and still no luck. Thanks anyway, I guess I will shoot a msg to Handcent dev team and see what they know about it. Thanks anyway.

4. Topken

Topken Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 21, 2011
    some apps require the orginal to be installed so that they can send mms and sms messages. sounds like it might be one of them

5. new optimus

new optimus Android Expert

Mar 10, 2011
    Jax Fl
    try searching the forum, not being a di(k here I dont use handcent but have read many posts about it. you can remove the original mms.apk after handcent is in. I dont know the exact post listing what needs to be done though.
    thus search it out.

6. KickItBack

KickItBack Member
    None

Jun 23, 2011
    Seattle
    I had original mms, then installed handcent and started getting mms problems. reinstalled original and it fixed it. still, handcent has trouble with mms even though the features are a bit nicer. usually ill use original to send mms.

7. DasXero

DasXero Member
    None

Jul 29, 2011
    I have the same problem with mine, it's the only reason I keep the stock Messaging app on my phone.

8. JuiceBoxLmtd

JuiceBoxLmtd Lurker
    None

Aug 9, 2011
    Seems to be a problem with Handcent App. Forums over there show they have known of the bug for months, and yet to repair it. The whole point of me getting handcent was to do away with the stock sms/mms. To have them both is a waste of battery. Back to stock for me. Thanks for everyones input.