1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

MMS won't send

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kris.Is.Awesome, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Kris.Is.Awesome

I can not send pictures to anyone over wifi- sometimes switching to network will get them through, sometimes I have to delete and re-send the picture. This is through text messaging.

This has been since day 1, before I rooted as well. I'm rooted now.

2. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

I would check that the APN settings of your custom ROM match the settings for MMS for your carrier, exactly.

3. Kris.Is.Awesome

This happened pre-root. Right out of the box aswell.

4. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

I'd still check the APN settings. They apply to receiving pictures as well, so if you can receive but not send, there's something fishy going on. Try a different texting app.

5. bobolinko

bobolinko Well-Known Member

if you're using the stock messaging app, I don't believe it can send MMS without the data being on, even if it uses the Wireless to do the actual sending. I never could use the stock app out-of-the-box that way either. I reason it out that the network needs to recognize that you are legit? anyway there is an app on the market that can, however, I forgot which one it was that could. (I know it's not chomp)

Aloha and good luck!

wysts43 likes this.
  6. Kris.Is.Awesome

I get text pictures when connected to wi-fi. I just can't send them.

I'm using Gosms

APN settings seem to be fine- I'm not having network problems. I'm having problems sending with wifi

7. jamjr74

jamjr74 Well-Known Member

Is ur mobile data on?

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews