1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Mms

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jtstretch, May 4, 2010.

1. jtstretch

jtstretch Active Member

May 4, 2010
    does anyone know why when i get a MMS it is received as a slide show? can one change this? its lame! TY

Advertisement

2. DxJustin

DxJustin Active Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Network Technician/Web Designer/PC Repair
    Georgia
    Mine has been sending and receiving as a slideshow as well. Didn't happen with my moto droid so I'm wondering if it is something to do with htc sense

3. benjamin7062

benjamin7062 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    I wonder if the fact that it is creating a slide show is why AT&T can not currently receive an MMS from my phone? I am sending scaled down images of 1k, 7k, etc so it isn't the usual size limitation of MMS.

The 'only' way I can currently get an MMS to AT&T is use the stock HTC Sense Messaging app, attach a picture, have it scale first, then edit the image (slide show really) and add text.

Unfortunately, I do not have phones on other networks to test MMS to. I also do not know anyone else on Verizon to test this with. I do know that from my phone I can not send MMS from Verizon to AT&T.

4. jsward12

jsward12 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2010
    Software Engineer
    Massachusetts
    Hmm I am having the same issues sending to ATT customers I can receive just fine and it looks like to verizon and sprints its ok. Any ideas?