• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

golfinglenn

Apr 30, 2010
So, since a lot of people are leaving their mobile option turned off and then just turning it on once in a while to get email pushed through or weather sync'd, how soon till somebody comes out with an app that switches that on and off at a user chosen interval, and links it with other stuff you want sync'd?

So, mobile on, sync email, weather, calendar then one minute later, mobile off for an hour.

Hmmmm

who turns the mobile network off?

Some folks are using wifi which supersedes the network when applicable.

If you are "cycling" the network on/off to save battery, you really need to get a different device. Or more appropriately, you don't need a smartphone at all.

one guy was extremely adamant about turning off mobile network. i usually turn it off while i'm at hom cause i don't need it, and i turn off wifi while i'm out. so your saying this is pointless?

Upvote 0
who turns the mobile network off?

Some folks are using wifi which supersedes the network when applicable.

If you are "cycling" the network on/off to save battery, you really need to get a different device. Or more appropriately, you don't need a smartphone at all.

I am just trying to get the most out of my battery. Sorry if I seem ignorant to you, but your response seems kinda assholeish. Maybe I am reading it wrong. If not, then thanks and why don't you just keep your comments to yourself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones