1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

mobile banking

Discussion in 'Verizon' started by cewallace, Jun 23, 2010.

1. cewallace

cewallace Active Member

Jun 2, 2010
    i got a text today that says it is from verizon. It states that I need to text END to 2888 to opt out...that seems kinda odd that i would have to opt out, it seems i should have to opt in... anybody else receive anything like this?

Advertisement

2. DROIDdidME

DROIDdidME Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    No I haven't...I would ignore it for the time being and give Verizon a call in regards to it!

3. eagleOne

eagleOne Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Engineer
    MA
    I would not reply.
    Call *611 Version Customer Service and see what they say.

4. cewallace

cewallace Active Member

Jun 2, 2010
    the menus are endless

5. 1967ls2

1967ls2 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2010
    I went to pay my bill today and it said I had a charge for a "Premier Message" that cost me $9.99
    I called Verizon immediately and they said it was some 3rd Party messaging service for "Traffic Updates".
    Number 1 I have never requested or "Opted In" to recieve any traffic updates
    Number 2 I have never even recieved any of these so called "Traffic Updates"
    Number 3 I sure as hell am not going to pay for this cr@p

She told me to txt "STOP" to some number where the charges are originating from to "opt out" which I did immediately and then she was trying to give me some number to call the 3rd party to get my refund. I told her the hell with that and she better reverse the charges immediately. She spoke to a manger then reversed the charges. I also made them block any "premier messages" from being used on my phone from this point forward...

6. cewallace

cewallace Active Member

Jun 2, 2010
    What number did you call?

The number I called had a lot of menus...