• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mobile data being used while on wifi?

I have a Galaxy Note 10+ and I was at home today and out of no where I got an alert saying that I had just exceeded my monthly data limit and was now in data saver mode. Both devices on my plan were at home all day...

What could have caused this? I know in the past I have seen a setting that will improve your download/upload speeds by using mobile data and wifi together but I can't find that setting anywhere to check and see if it is on.
Besides that, I am clueless how this could happen and seems pretty shady on Verizon's part...

Check your developers options settings to see if mobile data is set to remain on at all times.

As far as I know, there is no way to use both at the same time- only one or the other.

Whatever setting you were thinking of is most likely only going to use whichever one has the faster connection.

The setting I am referring to should do the same, but it exists to allow faster transition between networks when moving around.

Screenshot_20220620-222120.png

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Thank you. This was the problem.

Check your developers options settings to see if mobile data is set to remain on at all times.

As far as I know, there is no way to use both at the same time- only one or the other.

Whatever setting you were thinking of is most likely only going to use whichever one has the faster connection.

The setting I am referring to should do the same, but it exists to allow faster transition between networks when moving around.

View attachment 162992

Reactions: puppykickr
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones