• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Mobile Data/ Connection Issues

biggiesmalls657

Android Enthusiast
Nov 30, 2010
United States
I have an issue where my connection drops in and out but i am in an area where its not spotty. i have tryed the *#*#4636#*#* trick. I still get 50%+ without a signal. I have velocity 1.1 with Unthrottled 3G (it did this before flashing the zip too). i defaulted the Auto task killers like autokiller. what am i doing wrong? Please help. It would be appreciated. i have read about the firmware bug with the ally but the trick didnt seem to help. the service is there but i sometimes dont get my speed too.

It could be one of a couple things other than network traffic killing tower bandwidth. Your phone may have a faulty radio or you need to update the roaming capibilities with *228 option 2. I don't know if it works on velocity but in one instance travelling to a lot of different places will cause you to get stuck on a far away network it seems. I noticed being "stuck" you end up with like 600+ ms lag and no more than 50kbps download. *228 option 2 fixed it but then again you can never tell how much traffic your tower is experiencing. Driving about 20 to 30 miles from home or to another cell site might give you an idea what it is. Also a bad radio is not likely as it eventually shorts out the phone and it doesn't come on anymore. That usually starts with bad reception hot phone and battery drain is phenomenal. Also around fm rradios in your car or truck seems to make odd sounds from the radio on the car like aliens or something(most likely from the radio in the phone projecting higher than normal signals). I noticed dropped calls phone shutting off no bootloop just turns off cold. I doubt that's what you are having unless you can't get an hour out of a brandnew fully charged battery and its overheating in a call or heavy web usage. I'm thinking its more along the lines of roaming issues or heavy data traffic on your cell site. Also verizon has been messing around trying to get 4g lte going on if that's. What it could be then it will clear up. Btw most of those apps and fixes does nothing. Every process in your phone uses battery so managing what is running and what shouldn't should be important. That unthrottled trick doesn't work on verizon as they don't throttle at least in my area and if they did, they would do it on site at the tower in the switch rather than a phone setting I would refrain from flashing too much also as you are only allowed to do it around 1000 or so times with an eeprom and it could go bad showing bad sectors.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones