• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mobile data not working

Essentials

Lurker
Feb 3, 2016
So my buddy got me a really good deal on a Samsung galaxy s6. I registered it to verizon without any issues but for some reason the mobile data won't work. I can send texts and calls though. Spent a decent amount of time on the phone with verizon support and the lady said that when the 3rd party unlocked the phone they may have messed up the operating system. Took it to best buy to have the samsung consultant do a software fix and he said that the codes on the phone are from China so he can't fix it. Lastly, I ran the samsung + app and it said the phone is rooted.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this issue?

So my buddy got me a really good deal on a Samsung galaxy s6. I registered it to verizon without any issues but for some reason the mobile data won't work. I can send texts and calls though. Spent a decent amount of time on the phone with verizon support and the lady said that when the 3rd party unlocked the phone they may have messed up the operating system. Took it to best buy to have the samsung consultant do a software fix and he said that the codes on the phone are from China so he can't fix it. Lastly, I ran the samsung + app and it said the phone is rooted.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Hello and welcome to Android Forums Essentials!

In... Settings > About phone > Device model... which model of Chinese Galaxy S6 do you have?

Reactions: dynomot
Upvote 0
Sorry for the late response. I was at work. SM-G920V is what the model number says.
AP: G920VVRU3BOG5
CP: G920VVRUBOG5
CSC: G920VVZW3BOG5

I also tried to unroot the phone with Odin and 5.1.1 firmware and 5.0.2 firmware. No luck.
Got to NAND write start fail and a Can't Open the serial(com) port on Odin

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Strange, according to your data your phone is a standard Verizon S6. Here is the latest version of it's firmware (Lollipop V5.1.1) - see below, but first we need to get Odin working properly. At work at the moment, but I'll get back after 1900(GMT) this evening for now download this firmware to your desktop and just leave it until later. You sound as if you have an idea what you are doing, this is good, I'm sure we can sort this.
http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/54733/G920VVRU3BOG5_G920VVZW3BOG5_VZW/

Upvote 0
It has been pointed out to me that your S6 could still be a Chinese one (even with the correct Verizon CSC and firmware showing on a *#1234#). Please install Phone Info Samsung, free from the Play Store, if you would, and check under the, "General", heading for the, "Phone Model", details and, "Knox Warranty Void", and also under, CSC CODE", for the, "Original CSC Code". Post screen shots if you could. Then we can take it from there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones