1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Mobile data not working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Essentials, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Essentials

Essentials Lurker

So my buddy got me a really good deal on a Samsung galaxy s6. I registered it to verizon without any issues but for some reason the mobile data won't work. I can send texts and calls though. Spent a decent amount of time on the phone with verizon support and the lady said that when the 3rd party unlocked the phone they may have messed up the operating system. Took it to best buy to have the samsung consultant do a software fix and he said that the codes on the phone are from China so he can't fix it. Lastly, I ran the samsung + app and it said the phone is rooted.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this issue?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

Hello and welcome to Android Forums Essentials!

In... Settings > About phone > Device model... which model of Chinese Galaxy S6 do you have?

dynomot likes this.
  3. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

Hello and welcome :)

Yep, armed with information @ironass has requested we can start to help you. It may or may work but please give us the the three lines of information (AP, CP & CSC) from dialling *#1234# into the phone dialler. If it doesn't work, don't worry, the information requested by ironass will be enough to go on.

ironass likes this.
  4. Essentials

Essentials Lurker

Sorry for the late response. I was at work. SM-G920V is what the model number says.
    AP: G920VVRU3BOG5
    CP: G920VVRUBOG5
    CSC: G920VVZW3BOG5

I also tried to unroot the phone with Odin and 5.1.1 firmware and 5.0.2 firmware. No luck.
    Got to NAND write start fail and a Can't Open the serial(com) port on Odin

#4 Essentials, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  5. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

Strange, according to your data your phone is a standard Verizon S6. Here is the latest version of it's firmware (Lollipop V5.1.1) - see below, but first we need to get Odin working properly. At work at the moment, but I'll get back after 1900(GMT) this evening for now download this firmware to your desktop and just leave it until later. You sound as if you have an idea what you are doing, this is good, I'm sure we can sort this.
    http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/54733/G920VVRU3BOG5_G920VVZW3BOG5_VZW/

6. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

It has been pointed out to me that your S6 could still be a Chinese one (even with the correct Verizon CSC and firmware showing on a *#1234#). Please install Phone Info Samsung, free from the Play Store, if you would, and check under the, "General", heading for the, "Phone Model", details and, "Knox Warranty Void", and also under, CSC CODE", for the, "Original CSC Code". Post screen shots if you could. Then we can take it from there.

7. Essentials

Essentials Lurker

I ended up returning it after hours of fiddling with Odin and stock firmware. Again, thanks for you help! Much appreciated. You guys got back to me fast.

psionandy, ironass and dynomot like this.
  8. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

No problem. It's what we do. :)

Essentials and psionandy like this.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S6 release date was April 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Exynos 7420 Octa processor, and 2550mAh battery.

April 2015
Release Date
Reviews