• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mobile Defense

Locoman

Apr 14, 2010
Kansas
I changed batteries in my phone and when it started I had an error message about Mobile Defense with a force close tab. I uninstalled it and went to the market to download it again and it's not there. I went to the Mobile Defense web site and scanned the bar code and it doesn't show up. I wonder what's up? Can someone point me to another similar program I can try?

Is it gone from Settings > Applications > Manage Applications as well? If so and you still want to use it, I can post the .apk. The only downside is you won't get updates since Market won't see the install.

Let me know if you want the .apk posted.

Well I uninstalled it thinking I could get it back off the market but it's gone from there so it's not in my "Manage Applications"!

Upvote 0
I got that initially on my wife's Eris before associating my Mobile Defense account. I did a battery pull and was then able to set it up. She's had no problems since then.

Ok, Got it installed, pulled the battery and it's working fine!!!!!! I think that they did a maintenance upgrade and I attempted to launch it at the time they were doing it and got the error's.
THANK"S
Doug

Upvote 0
I have this installed, but is this program only worth using if you always have your GPS enabled? I would have it enabled all the time, except it just kills my battery. Am I missing something here?

GPS only consumes battery if there is an app actively using it. Mobile Defense only initiates the GPS when you want to locate your device, so having Mobile Defense installed will not kill your battery. Your GPS is really only using battery when you see the green broadcasting status on the icon.

Upvote 0
Am I the only Incredible user that is having trouble receiving text messages from Mobile Defense? I posted to their troubleshooting forum but am still trying to figure it out. Whenever I try to connect to my phone from my computer, it sends me a text. When I go to open the text, it greys out and freezes with a window the pops up saying "loading" and I can't do anything as it never loads. I have to turn off my phone and turn it back on.

My fiance also has Mobile Defense and it works properly on his phone? When you click the text it automatically disappears as it should. Dunno if I have a different setting in my messages or something?

Upvote 0
Make sure you do not have a "nickname" for your phone on your VZW online account. Make sure it is only your 10 digit number@ vtext.com

From Verizon's site:
Text via e-mail: Any e-mail address in the world can send a message to your nickname'@vtext.com or 10-digit @ vtext.com.
Mobile Defense cannot send the message to your phone by your 10 digit number if you have a nickname setup. It also takes a day for the nickname to come off when you delete it.

Reactions: alison03
Upvote 0
Thanks! I did start a thread there and they want me to send them my debug output. I'm a little hesitant to do it because I haven't downloaded an apk, and it says its from an unknown source and there are a bunch of steps to follow that I'm afraid I might mess up and then screw up my phone? lol

I was hoping it was something I was missing on my end because it works on my fiance's Incredible just fine. :(

Upvote 0
Am I the only Incredible user that is having trouble receiving text messages from Mobile Defense? I posted to their troubleshooting forum but am still trying to figure it out. Whenever I try to connect to my phone from my computer, it sends me a text. When I go to open the text, it greys out and freezes with a window the pops up saying "loading" and I can't do anything as it never loads. I have to turn off my phone and turn it back on.

Same thing happens to me :-(

I found my nickname and deleted it, so I guess I'll wait a day and see if that fixes anything, though it seems from a previous post that it won't?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones