• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mobile Dev guy says Hi!

jeling

Lurker
Sep 9, 2009
Hello,

I am an architect for a team that does GPS moible phone apps. We develop for the big 5 WM, Nokia, BB, Apple and Android. Android is the last to the stable, but we have found it really easy to work with. Android has some great advantages over the competitors, specifically how often it can update.

Just released our first application into the Marketplace, gpslogbooks, which does 3D tracking with 1 second updates. The results are viewable in 3d at the gpslogbooks website and can be viewed in realtime on another Android.

I had a Tytn II, but have palmed it off to one of the devs (who has installed Android on it :) ) and will not go back. Google just needs to fix the integration with Exchange and then everything will be sweet.

James

Hello,

I am an architect for a team that does GPS moible phone apps. We develop for the big 5 WM, Nokia, BB, Apple and Android. Android is the last to the stable, but we have found it really easy to work with. Android has some great advantages over the competitors, specifically how often it can update.

Just released our first application into the Marketplace, gpslogbooks, which does 3D tracking with 1 second updates. The results are viewable in 3d at the gpslogbooks website and can be viewed in realtime on another Android.

I had a Tytn II, but have palmed it off to one of the devs (who has installed Android on it :) ) and will not go back. Google just needs to fix the integration with Exchange and then everything will be sweet.

James

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy yoru visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones