1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Mobile email subscription expired

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Eli_D, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Eli_D

Eli_D Lurker
    None

Sep 23, 2011
    Hi I have got a wildfire and have had it about 3 weeks now all working fine, set up email no problems however, it has now stopped working and keeps throwing up Subscription Expired. Question what is the subscription and how do I get it unexpired to start receiving emails again? Tried searching everywhere on the net and nowhere seems to know. Have contacted Orange but not holding breath!! Help, pleased ....:(

Advertisement

2. lynny-winny

lynny-winny Lurker
    None

Sep 23, 2011
    I'm having the same problem. It happens as soon as I select Check Mail and occurs on both email accounts I have set up. Had the phone about a month, was fine until yesterday, its PAYG on Orange and I have paid my

3. AJAussie

AJAussie Lurker
    None

Sep 26, 2011
    I am having the same issue on my Orange wildfire I just brought as well. It was working and about 3 days ago started coming up with the subscription expired message whenever I went into mail. It was even coming up for my Gmail account.... Even when I was on WIFI!! What the hell is going on? Anyone know anything?

4. lynny-winny

lynny-winny Lurker
    None

Sep 23, 2011
    Went into Orange shop on Saturday, told me not to use the 'Mail' app but the 'Mail by HTC' app. Tried that, couldn't get it to connect, refused the settings. For the time being I am now using an app called Maildroid, setup was simple and I can now send and receive again. Would be interested to hear if anyone can solve the original problem though as I don't particularly like Maildroid and it has adverts!

5. crazycat

crazycat Lurker
    None

Oct 15, 2011
    After loads of calls to Orange fault department and a replacement phone, I've finally found someone at Orange who can fix the problem.

If you're asked to restore factory settings or remove everything that uses your email address and to setup email again from scratch - don't do it as that doesn't work!

With some Orange phones an email trial starts when you receive a new phone and can last up to 6 months. Regardless of what call plan you have when the email trial expires, it stops you using your mobile email.

Info relating to the email trial and whether your email is noted as expired or active is stored on the SIM card, not on the phone itself. Here's how you can fix it.

First text email to 247 (orange customers only)
    A web link is sent back. Click on it and click on the 'subscribe to mobile' email link. If this works, you can fix it this way.

If the link doesn't work - and my'n didn't, Orange need to fix it manually. The Orange fault department could see on their system which email addresses were flagged as 'subscription expired' and passed the info to a technical team to manually fix it and update the SIM. They will contact you with info on when the fix will be made. This should then sort it.

Good luck!

Tags: