• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mobile Hotspot App

Eddy120876

Android Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2010
Bronx,NY
Hey guys not sure about this but while charging my indulge I remember that I need it a battery app like I used go have while I was using the motorola i1. So I Dowloaded "battery doctor " while checking it I notice that they upgraded the app. So I went into setting and it has the usual wifi,kill app but upon checking it up close ,it say "wifi hotspot" so I turn it on to see if anything appear on my iPad (first gen) and what do you know the "androidap" was on. I didn't tested it since my home network is fast. Also my phone is not rooted

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
well mike was able to turn it on with the power control plus i believe but turning it on was never the prob it was the wpa2 key encryption or some sort of a block i also remember him saying that the key was blank but anyways if that allows wifi tethering without key then two thumbs up! other than that im curious why u havnt tried to connect it yet with ur ipod or whatever wifi devices u have at ur home to confirm it.

Edited ok just read u have no 4g where u live i understand now.....hmmm this is a good app to try out for those that have done a reset to their phones and can no longer get root to work completly for them.

Upvote 0
well mike was able to turn it on with the power control plus i believe but turning it on was never the prob it was the wpa2 key encryption or some sort of a block i also remember him saying that the key was blank but anyways if that allows wifi tethering without key then two thumbs up! other than that im curious why u havnt tried to connect it yet with ur ipod or whatever wifi devices u have at ur home to confirm it.

Edited ok just read u have no 4g where u live i understand now.....hmmm this is a good app to try out for those that have done a reset to their phones and can no longer get root to work completly for them.

That's correct N4zty right now I'm on a job site that has no Metro service thats why i posted the question since i can't test it :(. Also right my friend some of us indulge users haven't rooted the phone and this could help those that want to keep their phone the way it is but yet want the tether option.

Upvote 0
Has anyone gotten this to work yet? My laptop connects with a yellow triangle indicating no connection. I mainly want to download torrents, something WiFi Tether does not enable me to do.
its been discussed here ur wasting ur time trying to download torrents off a metrophone, its illegal and u shouldnt do it off ur phone please dont ask why what where just leave it at that.

Upvote 0
Please consider using a more stable/dedicated internet connection to download torrents.
I know metropcs 4g is supposed to be unlimited, but let's all try to keep the bandwidth usage low enough to warrant us paying for 4g speeds.
It might be true that other cellphone/isp companies have the infrastructure to handle such high traffic, but the metropcs backbone is, understandably, quite small in comparison.
Therefore, it's a direct hit to your neighboring 4g users when torrents and such are being downloaded, indeed resulting in a poor experience for all of us.
In light of this, please, do use moderation. And let's all watch out for each other out there!

Upvote 0
Please consider using a more stable/dedicated internet connection to download torrents.
I know metropcs 4g is supposed to be unlimited, but let's all try to keep the bandwidth usage low enough to warrant us paying for 4g speeds.
It might be true that other cellphone/isp companies have the infrastructure to handle such high traffic, but the metropcs backbone is, understandably, quite small in comparison.
Therefore, it's a direct hit to your neighboring 4g users when torrents and such are being downloaded, indeed resulting in a poor experience for all of us.
In light of this, please, do use moderation. And let's all watch out for each other out there!
you are correct i use Comcast for torrents, out 4G network is to unstable for torrents and may cause issues, besides being illegal of course, if you are using Torrents please limit the bandwidth and the # of connection you download from, or just use a real network

Upvote 0

Well said brotha!

Reactions: tiede
Upvote 0

I totally agree. In my neighborhood I know for a fact that lots of people use netflicks and when theyre all using it my home internet is barely faster than dialup or just wont connect. So if lots of people tether and download torrents it makes the rest of us trying to watch a video or surf the web have a dreadful experience.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones