1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Mobile Hotspot for Samsung Galaxy S4 (Metro PCS)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kbaes, Sep 1, 2013.

1. kbaes

kbaes Member

Mar 2, 2013
    So I have the Samsung Galaxy S4 for Metro PCS and I want to use the 4G Mobile Hotspot feature but it is blocked because I have not paid for the feature. Is there a way I can bypass this so I can use my phone as a hotspot? Btw my phone is rooted. Any help is appreciated.

Advertisement

2. Podivin

Podivin Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Jacksonville, Fl
  3. kbaes

kbaes Member

Mar 2, 2013
  4. scott_

scott_ Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2011
    electrician
    Central Iowa
    Cant say for sure, depending upon your carrier setup for your specific phone.

With USCC either disable or un-install "Synchronoss TEDC" as this is the app that looks for the feature authorization.

If you can disable the app under [ Settings--more--Application Manager--all ] that would be good, otherwise you may need an app like Titanium Backup to be able to disable(paid version) or un-install(free version).

5. Giggles2003

Giggles2003 New Member

Nov 12, 2014
    I'm having the same problem. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 4.4.4 from metro pcs. It is rooted. I can't seem to find synchronoss TEDC. Could ot be named somthing else?

I found that the Wifi Tether Router works for World of warcraft and a few web sites but slow on some others. So i would really love to get rid of this "varifying your account " bs. Rather not pay for it if i dont have to.

6. nps531

nps531 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Male
    Window Tint
    DeLand, Fl
    for rooted phones the 'wifi tether router' paid app works great with the right settings on the metro / t-mobile s4. I've been using it fine the the 4G LTE is phenomenal. only problem is you need a user agent switcher for your browser if using a computer. utorrent works fine and i do not has a ps4 so i can not tell you what the deal is with that.

7. nps531

nps531 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Male
    Window Tint
    DeLand, Fl
    also works on my virgin mobile S3 fine too

8. johnny_w

johnny_w Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    New England, U.S.A.