• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mobile Hotspot Problem, No Local Access?

mbrinkho

Lurker
Feb 25, 2011
Having a problem with the mobile hotspot feature on my X2. I can get data over 3G on the phone until I enable it but after that it's like the Droid has no internet connection. Devices that are connected via the mobile hotspot seem to be accessing the Internet just fine.

I've tried turning the hotspot off and on, airplane mode, rebooting... So far it happens every time.

I'm out of ideas, any help would be most appreciated!

Yes, I am using the Verizon app and I only have the one device that is using the Wifi hotspot. It is set to allow 4 devices.

When MHS is enabled:

Cannot download updates from Android Market. Update starts then shows orange triangle in notification bar, pull down to notifications shows status message with the name of the app, touching the status returns to Market.

Mint app gives error message "No connection detected. Please check your settings and try again."

eBay app gives error message "No network found. Please retry or check your network settings." Does work sometimes, not usually from "home" screen of app though.

Disable MHS and then all apps work normally.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones