1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Mobile Hotspot Problem, No Local Access?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mbrinkho, Dec 13, 2011.

1. mbrinkho

mbrinkho Lurker
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    Having a problem with the mobile hotspot feature on my X2. I can get data over 3G on the phone until I enable it but after that it's like the Droid has no internet connection. Devices that are connected via the mobile hotspot seem to be accessing the Internet just fine.

I've tried turning the hotspot off and on, airplane mode, rebooting... So far it happens every time.

I'm out of ideas, any help would be most appreciated!

Advertisement

2. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja
    None

Feb 10, 2010
    Male
    Virginia
    you are using the verizon wireless hotspot app i assume, if you have 5 devices connected to it im not so sure the device can hold anymore, as its using its 3G signal as the source for the net, however im not 100% sure on this as i do not tether.

i hope someone else will chime in and help you out with your problem

3. mbrinkho

mbrinkho Lurker
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    Yes, I am using the Verizon app and I only have the one device that is using the Wifi hotspot. It is set to allow 4 devices.

When MHS is enabled:

Cannot download updates from Android Market. Update starts then shows orange triangle in notification bar, pull down to notifications shows status message with the name of the app, touching the status returns to Market.

Mint app gives error message "No connection detected. Please check your settings and try again."

eBay app gives error message "No network found. Please retry or check your network settings." Does work sometimes, not usually from "home" screen of app though.

Disable MHS and then all apps work normally.