1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Mobile ID app keeps trying to install and failing?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mikeca, Dec 16, 2013.

1. mikeca

mikeca Android Enthusiast

I recently activated this phone and the Virgin Mobile ID app keeps trying to download (and will definintely try to download and install iteself whenever the phone switches from wifi / mobile network).

It is giving the message that there is not enough storage available and there then gives you the option to cancel. It will then start again a few minutes later (even if you force stop it).

It seems to stop doing this after a few hours and will stabilize eventually but then when I power up the phone again the next morning it starts all over.

You can't disasble or uninstall it.
    The Virgin Angels suggested a factory data reset which I tried and that didn't help other than having to redo everything on my phone.

Anyone else have this issue or find a solution?

Loving the phone other than this one glitch.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. groo79

groo79 Well-Known Member

I disabled notifications for the mobile ID app and forgot about it.

mikeca likes this.
  3. Hedied4me

Hedied4me Member

That's what I did too

mikeca likes this.
  4. mikeca

Unfortunately that didn't solve it, when ever I switch to mobile data (3g in my area) it goes to a popup message that says installing Mobile id essentials, gets to 90% and then says "not enough memory". From there you can cacel it or "manage content". neither of which solves the problem, it will start again in a minute or two, very annoying!

5. Thaylar

Thaylar Lurker

I'm having the same problem with the HTC Desire 601 (second phone, returned first one thinking it was the unit, but the problem persists on a second unit).

About the only help for now seems to be to Force Stop the Mobile ID app in the Settings>App>All menu. Granted, this has to be done every time the phone is restarted, it should stop it from trying to download/install every few minutes.

Simply Disabling Notifications may have an affect on your data usage, download speeds, and web browsing or apps that use data. I tried this and it seems the download and install is still occurring and using resources, you just don't see it anymore.

I've had a tech support ticket open with VM for over a week now, with no help. Factory Resets don't work, clearing the App Cache doesn't work.

6. mikeca

The Virgin angels e-mailed that they will have a solution for this tomorrow. I think the app will have the "disable" function enabled. We'll see?

In the meantime I have left the phone on and it's working great.

james391 likes this.
  7. fxsts

fxsts Lurker

Have you got any solution for this?

I am also having the same problem. I called VM tonight to trouble shoot, and they told me that they were going to send me a replacement phone. However, it looks that I am going to have the same problem with the new phone also.

8. hollap

hollap Newbie

Also having the same problem. Wondering if it's having any affect on battery life? just plain annoying!

9. james391

james391 Well-Known Member

any news from the angels? So far, it is still happening today :(

10. fxsts

fxsts Lurker

I called HTC this morning also, but they did not seem to be aware of the problem and basically told me that it's VM's problem.

11. fxsts

fxsts Lurker

The ID app just finished installing this morning so VM must have come up with a solution.

12. james391

james391 Well-Known Member

same here, im very pissed that it messed up my home screens...

13. mikeca

Yep, undid the home screens and I have reset all of them. It took a couple tries but went through. I couldn't find a way to open up the mobile ID app after it finally installed, I think if you can find a way to get it to open your original configuration should be saved there. Also had to "uninstall" some apps it downloaded that I don't think I'd ever use.

Seems to have completely stabilized though (so far).

I can't imagine how replacing the phone would do any good other than the app appears to be able to download on initial bootup now.

Good luck!

14. rothe

rothe Well-Known Member

I also *had* problems with the Mobile ID app, but it mysteriously resolved itself when I was using the phone in a different location. In hind-sight, I believe this may also have been related to the internet-connectivity problems that were discussed in this thread:

http://androidforums.com/htc-desire-601/815953-wifi-problems.html

Turning off Connection Optimizer as described in that thread, and then assuring that you have a reliable wifi or 4G/3G connection should allow the app to complete whatever it's trying to do.

That's my theory. But since I'm no longer having this trouble, it will be up to someone else to prove or disprove it.

HTC Desire 601 Forum

The HTC Desire 601 release date was October 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 2100mAh battery.

October 2013
Release Date
Reviews