• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mobile ID-If I let it install, can I revert to the stock launcher?

Lilkidmom

Apr 7, 2011
The Mobile ID Essentials Pack keeps trying to download and install to my phone, often causing my it to reboot in the process. I really don't want this crap on my phone, I am doing just fine with the stock launcher and choosing from the Android Market which apps I want. My question is: if I allow the download and installation in order to eliminate these annoying notifications and random reboots, can I then go back to the using the stock launcher/home screens, or will I be stuck with the replacement home screens/apps in the Mobile ID Essentials pack? This is such a pain!

You can definitely return to the stock launcher after MobileID installs. But you're still stuck with all the junk it downloads. Another option would be to root your phone (if you haven't already) and delete the MobileID app. I did that on both of our phones before I even activated them as I didn't want to deal with the bloat at all.

Upvote 0
I would love to root my phone and be liberated from all the bloat ware on it, but I am just too cowardly and inexperienced to try it. I can't afford to have a bricked phone. :( I wish there was a professional service place I could take it to who would do it for me, just like when people have to take their computers in for service/maintenance. Oh well....

Upvote 0
You can definitely return to the stock launcher after MobileID installs. But you're still stuck with all the junk it downloads. Another option would be to root your phone (if you haven't already) and delete the MobileID app. I did that on both of our phones before I even activated them as I didn't want to deal with the bloat at all.

So if I delete the MobileID app, it removes the Samsung ID and the VM ID, leaving me with My ID only?

Upvote 0
I would love to root my phone and be liberated from all the bloat ware on it, but I am just too cowardly and inexperienced to try it. I can't afford to have a bricked phone. :( I wish there was a professional service place I could take it to who would do it for me, just like when people have to take their computers in for service/maintenance. Oh well....

The root for this mobile couldnt be more simple, if it did it on its own...flashing is what should scare you...

HOW TO ROOT THE SAMSUNG GALAXY REVERB (VIRGIN MOBILE) (2).wmv - YouTube

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones