• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mobile internet not working - Nexus S 4G

I recently got my Nexus S hooked back up with Sprint, and since then the mobile network bars have been grey. Internet will not work, and I don't know why. The bars turn blue as if everything is connected again when I have wifi turned on and a network is active. Can still send and receive calls and texts, but anything related to internet or similar data transfer will not work.

From what I understand, if your bars are Grey, you have Internet but you are not syncing with Google servers. When your bars are blue, then you have Internet & your Google services are active.. eg Talk, maps, Latitude, etc.

If your bars are Grey & still don't have plain old Internet then something is very wrong. Not sure what to tell you.

Upvote 0
So after rooting and updating my Nexus S 4G is running AOKP with Matr1x Kernel and Android v4.0.4. I have what I think is the same problem. I have 4G access and Wi-fi access but if neither are available my 3G data won't work. I have blue bars on everything EXCEPT when I'm on 3G. When I am on 3G I get gray bars and no internet even though I have the upload and download arrows. Anyone have any idea?

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones