• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mobile Internet problem

omniscian

Jun 28, 2010
Hi, I am on a debranded Orange handset running Android 2.2.

Had the phone for around 4 months without issue. I went to London last weekend and started noticing problems with the mobile internet. I was largely relying on it to get me around but the mobile internet is playing up. Even if I have H or 3G signal, my phone has suddenly stopped getting internet access or i get network errors. Nothing has changed on my handset and I usually get good signal wherever I go. I'm currently in work where I always get 3G symbol. I have the 3G symbol now with both arrows animated yet my web browser won't load anything and the market place just says I have no network access.

Could this be something to do with the Orange/T-Mobile merge? Or has my phone died on me?

Thanks.

I'm on Orange too here in Norwich, Very little internet today, although I managed to stream LBC (Londons Biggest Conversation) on TuneIn Radio for an hour or so this morning.

This interent problem has got worse with every Android update (I've had the phone since launch!). It can work brilliantly for a while then just willl be very intermittent!

Its says it's connected on 3g but it's rarely higher than 4 bars (generally a couple). I work and live very near some masts!

Upvote 0
I live in the north west UK and for the last week or so 3g has been next to useless until today. I had an issue with orange safe guard stopping me accessing web sites. I called the tech guys and they sent new settings via text and the issue I had has been rectified but also so has the 3g. a vast improvement coincidentally it seems.

Upvote 0
I live in the north west UK and for the last week or so 3g has been next to useless until today. I had an issue with orange safe guard stopping me accessing web sites. I called the tech guys and they sent new settings via text and the issue I had has been rectified but also so has the 3g. a vast improvement coincidentally it seems.

Really?

When I rang about the same issue they just said it was a nationwide problem & engineers were working on it.

Upvote 0
mmm how odd, yesterday i went to read a forum that i frequent quite regularly and got an orange safeguard message (the forum is for an MMO and is heavily moderated) since then 3G keeps dropping back to GPRS and the mobile internet is generally very slow, guess i will need to give orange a call to get rid of this safeguard rubbish.....

Cheers
Dazzler
You will get the option to remove it via the automated service but i would ignore that and get to speak to a real person as mine was already removed but still came up with it. It only improved with the settings text message they sent me asi said earlier.
Oh and the best way to speak to a real person is via the automated system but select one of the options that offers an upgrade or change to plan etc. :D

Upvote 0
I live in Surrey but work in the centre of London. Data signal starts to become patchy once I'm past Clapham, and by the time I'm on the South Bank it's disappeared altogether. Even when wandering though the West End 3G / H signal is rarer than hen's teeth. Orange data availability really is diabolical in the Capital and frankly that's just rubbish. It's London, for God's sake, not Littlehampton!

Upvote 0
I live in Surrey but work in the centre of London. Data signal starts to become patchy once I'm past Clapham, and by the time I'm on the South Bank it's disappeared altogether. Even when wandering though the West End 3G / H signal is rarer than hen's teeth. Orange data availability really is diabolical in the Capital and frankly that's just rubbish. It's London, for God's sake, not Littlehampton!

http://androidforums.com/desire-sup...3-stupid-question-about-signals-3g-g-etc.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones