• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mobile internet question

Inaudax

Lurker
Jul 1, 2012
My SIII eats a lot of mobile data because pictures that show up on pages (e.g. internet browser, facebook, etc. - but mainly facebook) usually come in highest quality.

So, I'm just wondering if there's any way to set a rule on the pictures' quality & sizes? Lowest quality for example. And there should be an option for viewing certain pictures in highest quality.

Thanks in advance.

Not really since the browser downloads the images straight from the server so they will always be at whatever quality the server is hosting them.

You might be interested in Opera Mini since it will allow you to do this since Operas servers compress the images before you download them, at the cost of limiting interactivity on websites since there is limited JavaScript support.

Upvote 0
Adfree is an app that blocks ads on webpages (must be rooted to use the app) But anyways 9 out of 10 ads are picture ads and depending on the site you are on there can be several ads at the top, bottom, and sides of the web page.

I bet if they were all blocked that it would help (web pages also load faster) It may help to the point that you can still see all the pics you want to that are "supossed" to be there, and save on data by blocking all the pics in the ads???

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones