1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

mobile network connection problem, won't turn off!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mikebellamy2k, Feb 7, 2011.

1. mikebellamy2k

mikebellamy2k Well-Known Member

Hi, Was wondering if anyone has a solution to my mobile network not turning off? When I disable it either from the mobile network widget or in settings it turns back on. I've reinstalled all the software but still happening. Its rather annoying as I used to be able to and it saves on battery power. Any help would be good thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. retrorom

retrorom Well-Known Member

Dial *#*#4636#*#* and scroll down, maybe GSM only will save battery, or look for other options in the menu, like turn off radio will just disconnect it completely from the web. ;)

3. mikebellamy2k

mikebellamy2k Well-Known Member

Had a look at the turn of radio option like you said but just turned of all networks i.e. signal etc. any more ideas anyone??

4. peterc10

peterc10 Android Enthusiast

Do you have any apps running in the background switching it back on? Maybe some auto-syncing, or picking up emails? Or something else you have installed between the time when it used to work and now. Maybe from home go into setting > Accounts & sync and untick background data, for example. Also settings > location and untick "use wireless network".

I have mine switched on all the time and have no problem with battery usage.

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews