1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Mobile network dead.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RED_, May 30, 2011.

1. RED_

RED_ Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 13, 2010
    Student
    London
    As the title says really, with T-mobile and for the last two days i have had no mobile internet. I've tried through quick settings and through the settings menu and both light up the tick sign green and tell me it's on but i get no notification in the notification bar at the top. I've restarted my phone which didn't change anything.

Can't be a 2.3 issue because it was working fine after i upgraded. My APN settings look to be correct so im lost. What else can i check or do myself before i contact my network?

Anyone on T-mobile having the same issue?

All help is greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

2. anandv76

anandv76 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 16, 2010
    London
    i had, but somehow i think i might have found a solution. under the APN lists, the one selected would be the t-mobile internet. edit that APN, scroll down to the last option of APN type and edit it so it just has a * instead of "default". my connection just came back this way...let me know how you get on...

3. RED_

RED_ Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 13, 2010
    Student
    London
    Ok it worked but bloody hell is it slow. Even on HSDPA. I mean it is really slow and all im doing is loading google via the browser. It never like this.

Would it be better to just get new APN settings from Tmobile? I'll give it a bit and see if it improves.

Cheers for your help though, at least you got it working.

4. anandv76

anandv76 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 16, 2010
    London
    i got 1.84mbps speeds on it, so perhaps the issue you have is something else. htc are worse than nokia imho!

5. RED_

RED_ Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 13, 2010
    Student
    London
    Hmm, well for what its worth i wont be needing it for the 2 weeks im on holiday since it will charge me millions. Guess ill just contact Tmobile. Cheers for your help.

6. RED_

RED_ Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 13, 2010
    Student
    London
    This is pissing me off now. I went to the T-mobile website and got the APN settings they gave me, turned the mobile net on and it wouldn't go into HSDPA, only used GPRS. So i went back to the APN settings i had before and it used HSDPA but it was stupidly slow like i've mentioned before. So their APN settings won't even access HSDPA.

What I noticed though, is that the APN that i've always had on my phone since i got it is called "general.t-mobile.uk_off" where as the one I just got from their site a second ago is called "general.t-mobile.uk", is the "_off" bit something significant?

The APN type also had "off_" in it somewhere before i changed it to "*". Didn't make a difference though.

Going to have a right go on the phone tomorrow. Not taking it to a shop either because they know nothing.

7. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 20, 2010
    Female
    Occupational Health Advisor
    Kildare, Ireland
    My mobile did this out of the blue (24 hours after the upgrade and with Vodafone IE); when I rang helpdesk they couldn't send the settings to me for some reason.

In the end out of desperation I tried the "restore default" option for each of my APN settings and that sorted it out. Have you tried that?