• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

mobile network keeps disappearing

lazylew

Nov 13, 2015
Belgium
The mobile network drops out, seemingly at random, a few times a day.
The provider says there's nothing wrong on their end; I live in a city where reception is astoundingly good.
Every time I have to completely turn off the phone; when restarted the network is there without problem.

What could be the cause of this?
Obviously it is inside the phone, and not a faulty network.

PS I have already done a complete reset, but the same problem returned after a day or two.

It was the networks' customerservice who phoned me in response to an email I sent them.
A few days later the technical department of customerservice also phoned me, after again double checking everything on their side.

Also I should mention that with my previous older type cellphone I never had this problem, and nobody else around here has this complaint.

Reactions: Thom
Upvote 0
The reason for the who question was that I have two local carrier stores ... one passes out incorrect status information and the other depends on me to tell them when there is a service problem in the area.

Sometimes a new SIM can fix your problem. You could try just reseating the SIM you currently have. Sometimes that is all that it takes. I don't have your phone so I don't know how the SIM is installed in it.

... Thom

Reactions: lazylew
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones