• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mobile network loss issue anyone else

sonyboyj

Jun 28, 2012
Canada
sometimes with my nexus 5 ill be in the middle of sms chat then all of a sudden i lose connection to my network and my message trys to send forever but never does and sometime ill receive a message but can send. i thinks its the hangouts app thats to blame for that but also i had my phone on my desk and i went to do something and it said emergency calls only. and the only way i can ever get connection back is to turn airplane mode on then off and it connects fine:(

That sounds as if your SIM card is disconnecting (dirt on the card, dirt on the contacts on the socket), the socket is bad, the motherboard is bad or the SIM card is intermittent.

In any event, bring the phone to the carrier's store and have them check connectivity in regards to the SIM card. (A new card, if they want to rob you, may be as much as $1 - they should replace a defective one for free.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones