1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Mobile Network Query

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nickyw_uk, Sep 17, 2011.

1. nickyw_uk

nickyw_uk Lurker

I own an HTC Wildfire S and have had it for about 3 months. I have a 1GB internet allowance for each month and I thought this would be more than enough.

However, last month I exceeded my allowance and I was wondering if this is because I always have my 'Mobile Network' connected.

My Dad has just bought the same phone and he asked one of the tech guys in the phone shop if it's OK to leave the 'Mobile Network' connected and he said yes. He was adamant that if you leave it on, you won't exceed your monthly limit, but I've read reports on the internet that says it will.

What's the truth guys?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Welcome to AF! :)

If you turn autosync off, that will help matters. There's still a chance you will go over your allowance, but it's less likely that you will. You can download an app called 3G Watchdog, that will keep tabs on your data usage. You can even set it up so that it notifies you when you're approaching your limit.

Personally, I turn Mobile Data off when I don't need it but I'm in range of a Wireless signal a lot of the time so it's rare that I use the 3G function of my phone.

Might seem a random question, but are you a BT Customer at all? They've a service called BTFON or BT Openreach which lets you connect to BT wireless whenever there is a hotspot available.

3. schadfield

schadfield Newbie

I guess it depends on your usage. I have mobile data on permanently and have used the following for the last few months: 303MB, 413MB, 590MB