1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Mobile Network State always disconnected

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by spicy_mchaggiz, May 24, 2011.

1. spicy_mchaggiz

Problem started yesterday, was running CM 7 (newest one possible) and I couldn't use mobile data, only wifi. Switched over to Savaged-Zen mod (also newest one possible) and still having this issue. Even going into settings and turning on/off mobile data and airplane mode does not help. Any ideas??

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. evomattnc

evomattnc Android Expert

OK so you dont get 4g, 3g, or 1x at all? Just no data...?

What radios are you on?

3. spicy_mchaggiz

I can make and receive calls. I cannot use apps that require mobile data like WHERE, or Weatherbug etc etc.

Where can I find the radio version? baseband is 2.15.00.07.28 if that helps

4. evomattnc

evomattnc Android Expert

that does help and its likely your problem, the newest radio is 2.15.00.11.19. You need to flash the newest radios for those roms.

you can find them here
    [ Radios ][ 5-6 ] All EVO Radio, WiMAX, PRI, NV & HBoot versions - xda-developers

Flash the 2.15.0011.19 and the wimax 27167 unless you are already on that one. Make a nand back up in recovery before flashing these.

PRI and NV dont so much matter except they will affect from what we can tell battery life mostly. If you have 1.77 or 1.90 its fine. Dont eff with hboot.

There are actually newer ones that came out around the time of the ginger sense leak, i suppose you could flash the "latest" combo if you wanted but I havent used those yet and wont till june sometime so i cant advise as far as that goes.

Most of your info is in settings/about phone somewhere just look around for pri and wimax and see if you have the latest

5. spicy_mchaggiz

Bigger problem now, I went to wipe and reflash, well I accidently wiped off the SD card so now I have no back ups or info on the SC card. WTF do I do to fix this? I can only load bootloader/recovery.

If I manually take out the card, install a rom onto it, then reinstall into the phone, will I be able to load it and fix this problem???

6. evomattnc

evomattnc Android Expert

7. evomattnc

evomattnc Android Expert

sucks you have no back ups, hate doin stuff without a safety net :)

From now on always store a back up with WIMAX keys on your PC just in case...

8. spicy_mchaggiz

yup, just figured out the usb mount, now to figure out my radio issue.

9. evomattnc

evomattnc Android Expert

flashing that sprint lovers rom will fix it...

10. spicy_mchaggiz

11. evomattnc

evomattnc Android Expert

nevermind...? its fixed?

12. spicy_mchaggiz

Well everything is updated right now. (radio, pri, etc etc), about to flash back to CM7 because that was the rom I liked. Once I flash over we'll see how it goes. The nevermind was because I had a brain fart.

13. evomattnc

evomattnc Android Expert

Oh lol so you flashed sprint lovers and got all updated, make a back up, then flash on to cm7, :cool:

14. spicy_mchaggiz

Yup! And now all is fine on CM7! Of course I messed up earlier and erased the SD card so all my pictures, music, and saved games are gone, oh well.

15. evomattnc

evomattnc Android Expert

cool glad we got you going again.

Keep a back up of sd card and a nandroid on your pc

You may be able to retrieve a deleted file...there are file recovery options out there if ya google but chances are it has already overwritten that blank space with something else and its lost and gone forever. Sorry dude, be careful and make back ups.

Enjoy cm7 with data :)

16. evomattnc

evomattnc Android Expert

also use the cloud man lol

My shit is saved all over the netherwebs, flickr, dropbox, google, gdocs, gmail, titanium backup in dropbox, windows media cloud etc etc...

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews