• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mobile Network State Disconnected while on WiFi (not solved)

frug0

Sep 4, 2011
Hi
Can anyone help me , everytime I switch to wifi, mobile network state is disconnected and I can't call anyone or receive messages. Is it normal because on my previous phone iPhone there was no such a problem .I'm using 3UK btw.

Also when I switch off data it says the same but I guess in Three this must be enabled.

Not entirely sure how to check, I just know that mine is as it came SIM free from P4U. Not that it matters as I binned off the stock ROM as soon as I opened the box.

Anyhoo, with regards to warranty, you can easily switch back and forth between stock ROMs and basebands using LG's official SmartFlash tool, to it's safe. You can get your phone back to the software it was on when you bought it in a few minutes.

Upvote 0
I think this issue comes up when the signal is very low. I've got T-Mobile Comet. I was able to make and get call at office but not at home. So after some research and some tries I enabled 2G and I can make call. But if I disable 2g again it stops working. So I have to use 2G at home but since i have wireless at home that's OK.
So to fix it go to Settings-->Wireless & networks --> Mobile networks -->Use only 2G networks (enable)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones