• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mobile Network State

About midday I was using my phone and both the wifi and the signal bars turned white and have been that way since. I have not done anything recently to data settings. All services that require data; mail, maps, market, etc. are not working.

After searching the forums I have not found any other Admire users with this problem. I have tried several obvious things such as cycling airplane mode, rebooting, pulling the battery, etc. I use titanium backup and did a data restore without success. I used QPST to re-install the latest .prl that I have (3023), no change.

I can still make and receive calls, wifi for apps that do not require background data still works OK.

A little help would go a long way,

Thnx

Well, I am back after doing a factory reset and re-rooting my phone, successfully. Fortunately I am paranoid about doing backups and re-installed everything via titanium b/u.

Any ideas about why that happened in the first place?

About midday I was using my phone and both the wifi and the signal bars turned white and have been that way since. I have not done anything recently to data settings. All services that require data; mail, maps, market, etc. are not working.

After searching the forums I have not found any other Admire users with this problem. I have tried several obvious things such as cycling airplane mode, rebooting, pulling the battery, etc. I use titanium backup and did a data restore without success. I used QPST to re-install the latest .prl that I have (3023), no change.

I can still make and receive calls, wifi for apps that do not require background data still works OK.

A little help would go a long way,

Thnx

Well, I am back after doing a factory reset and re-rooting my phone, successfully. Fortunately I am paranoid about doing backups and re-installed everything via titanium b/u.

Any ideas about why that happened in the first place?
just means you arent getting a slid signal no worries

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones